VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE BANANA APPLE CHUNK BREAD
courtesy of www.fitsugar.com
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup Sucanat or sugar (Liza used Raw Agave - a staple of any healthy sweet tooth diet!)
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour (Liza used Bob's Almond Flour to make it gluten free)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray (or grease with butter/butter substitute) a nine-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour into greased pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry (Liza baked ours for about 70 minutes - it could have been our oven or the flour substitution but it still came out perfectly - just keep an eye on it)
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy! It doesn't get any easier than this recipe!